Your shopping cart is empty.
Card alterations are more expensive than paintings on the backs of proof cards ($150.00 each or $250 for Shivan Dragon) because they take longer for me to do, and I'm going to show you why. This is a commission for two card alterations. They are Nightmare and the of the Lord of Atlantis from the unlimited edition.
I only sell proof cards, so first, you'll have to acquire the card you want the alteration done on.
This is a small area, and I am not a miniaturist painter, that is a specialized skill set for sure. So your image can't be a full figure, but rather, a detail from the original.
I work in pencil, colored pencils, and oils, not in marker or acrylic paint. In order to paint alterations, I have to prime the card because the surface is too slick for pencil or colored pencil.
1. Once I have the cards, I settle on the design, then make a mask. The cards are taped down to a flat surface with low tack tape and the mask is taped over the card. The area to be painted is exposed, and the area that doesn't get painted is covered.
2. The exposed area is primed with a watercolor ground so it will accept oil paint. This will take 2-3 thin coats to cover the image underneath. This is the most time-consuming part because it is best to let it dry overnight between coats.
3. After the primer is dry, The sketch is transferred onto the card.
4. The painting is blocked in, built up, and colored pencils are used for the details where needed.
5. When the piece is finished, the oil paint needs time to dry and that can take a couple of days or more. So here they are finished. And that's how it is done.
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
All materials used to frame original artwork are archival. Plus, conservation glass is used. Conservation glass filters out 97% of UV rays that cause artwork to fade.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
SAVE 20% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER.
Enter your email below and we'll email you a 20% OFF Coupon right now.